What Skills are Developed?
The Leadership Journey – Select Series is for graduates of the North Star Series and more experienced supervisors and managers. Using short, bite-sized courses your leaders master 10 core competencies.
Leaders Master 10 Core Competencies
- Accountability & Taking Ownership
- Change Management
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Conflict Resolution
- Motivation & Attitude Improvement
- Relationship Building
How Does It Work?
Classroom, E-learning, or Blended Learning
You choose when and where learning takes place, along with course frequency and length.
Short, Concise Courses
Bite-sized courses get “right to the point” so students are not overwhelmed with information and return to work quickly.
Participants learn useful skills from courses that are to the point, easy to understand, and based on real-life experiences.
Skills Get Used On the Job
Students receive tools that make it easy for them to immediately apply skills back on the job.
7 Active Learning Components in our Patent-Pending Learning Model
Developed around our patent-pending learning model each bite-sized course in The Leadership Journey contains 7 active learning components:
- Pre-Assessment: Open-ended questions activate prior knowledge and focus attention by getting participants immediately involved in the course.
- Video & Note-Taking Guide: Short, 12-minute videos are to the point and engaging. Taking an active role during the video, participants engage both the left and right sides of the brain by writing down keywords.
- Post-Discussion Questions: Open-ended questions focus the participant’s answers to real workplace challenges and opportunities. During discussion, students share new ideas and past experiences, learning from their classmates as well as the course material.
- Group Exercises: With role-plays and scenario-based learning, participants are given the opportunity to work together to practice and apply new skills.
- Quiz: Measures comprehension of the course material and tracks student progress.
- Action Plan: Students apply new skills in the workplace with a personalized, written goal sheet complete with action steps. It is a written commitment from students to apply positive change back on the job.
- Follow-up: Hold participants accountable for using new skills in the workplace.