Try a Course:
Build Accountability and Trust with Positive Confrontations
Communication is Today’s Most Essential Workplace Skill
To maximize team and organizational performance your team leaders, supervisors, and managers must be high performing leaders who know how to communicate effectively. Without effective communication skills, they can’t do all the things they need to do, like hold people accountable, resolve conflict, motivate their team, assign responsibilities, and provide feedback.
Effective Communication Drives Team Performance
We offer a communications and leadership training program developed around Business Training Experts’ burst learning model. It is based on 10 core leadership skills with the foundation of each being effective communication.
The Importance of Learning Effective Communication Skills when Transitioning to a Leadership Role
Moving into a supervisory or manager role comes with many new challenges and responsibilities. Not the least of which is learning the communication skills that will help make this transition smooth and comfortable for everyone.
Our leadership courses give powerful strategies and techniques to build confidence and enables leaders to take charge of their new role. Here’s just a sample of the communication skills we provide for specific situations:
- How to manage the dynamics of changing relationships and relating to former peers who are now subordinates
- Giving honest performance feedback without causing a worker to become defensive
- How to give clear instructions to workers that result in action without any misunderstanding
- Six specific ways to motivate younger employees and leverage their unique skills
- Five strategies for leading more experienced employees and bringing out their best work
- Motivating yourself: specific questions to ask yourself to stop negative thinking
- How to be consistent in your words and actions to earn trust and respect
- Three ways to respond and help a troubled employee
- How to speak with an empathetic and respectful tone, yet still be direct and assertive
- And many more strategies and tips for specific situations…
Additional Proven, Practical, Techniques You Will Learn to Communicate Effectively:
• How to give constructive negative feedback in a way that boosts morale. • How to communicate more effectively and with authority.
• A simple five-step method for giving clear directions without any misunderstandings.
• How to develop good listening habits that support empowerment, change, and initiative.
• Follow-up strategies that ensure accountability and improve trust.
• How to ensure that employees take action – the first time they are asked.
• Five essential questions that can enliven and empower teams.
• A five-step approach to giving constructive negative feedback in a way that boosts morale.
• How to give bad news with clarity and grace
• Eight steps to turn confrontations into receptive conversations.
• The two most common reasons that leaders avoid difficult conversations.
• Techniques for giving both positive and negative feedback.
• How to communicate more effectively and with authority.
Without a firm grasp of these essential communication skills, your organization and its people will never reach their full potential.