Cognitive and Functional Learning Ensures Skills Get Applied in the Workplace
Every course follows the same patent-pending learning model. Seven active learning components are presented in a unique way to maximize a combination of cognitive and functional learning. As students go through each course’s active learning components they progressively build upon their knowledge of each new skill.
7 Active Learning Components
Each Course Contains:
- Video & Note-Taking Guide
- Post-Discussion Questions
- Group Exercises
- Action Plan
- 1. Early on in each course, students use basic cognitive adult learning principles like auditory and visual learning.
- 2. As students progress through a course more advanced cognitive learning methods like discussion, practice, and role-play are used.
- 3. Near the end of each course, and back on the job, students participate in functional learning like task completion, skill application, and follow-up.